Well, lovely followers…
I WAS NOMINATED FOR THE LIEBSTER AWARD!!!!
A few weeks ago, a sweet blogger friend of mine, Abby Smith, nominated me for a blog award! (And may I just say that I was hyperventilating. To the point of bouncing off the walls in excitement.)
I strongly encourage you to check out her blog as well. It’s full of honest, helpful advice on writing, thoughts on random subjects, and so much more! (Her logo-designing skills are on point.) So thank you, thank you, THANK YOU, Abby!!! Now, let’s get into it:
The Liebster Award is an award given to bloggers by bloggers. Its main purpose is to give blogs with fewer than 200 followers traffic and publicity, and each nominee nominates 5-11 other bloggers. Thank you to all of you who have followed! If you would like to learn more in detail about Liebster, just click the link here.
- Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog
- Display the award on your blog
- Write a 150-300 word post about your favorite blogger
- Share 11 random facts about yourself
- Nominate 5-11 people who you think deserve the Liebster Award
Let’s do this thing!
My favorite blogger is Kristy Dorminy. A beautiful, comforting, and bodacious mix of devotionals, daily life recollections, and laugh-out-loud, sweet quotes from her kids, this blog is definitely one to check out and follow. The memorable and well-written posts follow the home life of the Dorminy family on their journey adjusting in North Carolina, where they moved about a year ago, and the friends they meet there. Kristy proclaims how Jesus has changed her life and others’, giving me the inspiration to do the same with my posts. I could spend hours scrolling through her blog. Kristy has a way with words and can make even a day of homeschooling the most interesting thing I read all day! Her blog inspired me to create mine, content and otherwise, and for that I salute her and wish her the best in her blogging and moving journey. Now go show her some love!
Now, for some rapid fire random facts you most likely didn’t know about me…
1. If I could visit one country in the world besides the US, I’d go to Japan.
2. Sometimes I race the timer on the microwave and freak out if I lose. For reals.
3. I love podcasts, in fact, I think I may be addicted. Some of my favorites are That Sounds Fun with Annie F. Downs and The Jordan Taylor Show with Jordan Taylor. I’d definitely recommend checking them out.
4. I’m a hopeless romantic. When Calls the Heart, anyone?
5. I used to be obsessed with cacti. Whoops, did I say “used to be?”
6. Charlie and Lola was my favorite childhood tv show.
7. I love history class!
8. When I’m not writing, I’m reading. My all time favorite book is Dear Mr. Knightley by Katherine Reay. *sighs* It’s beautiful.
9. This is my favorite pic on my iPad:
11. I help at my church in preschool and second grade, and both are a blast!!!
And now, ladies and gentlemen… THE NOMINEES!!!!!
1. Kristy Dorminy!!! (Link and info above) Congratulations! ❤️ ❤️ ❤️
2. Ajareyy!!! Oh, Aja… what can I say except I LOVE YOU AND YOUR AMAZING BLOG GIRL!!! Aja writes from a teen girl to teen girls, and her sweet, Jesus loving, truthful words refresh my mind every time I read them. Congrats, Aja!
3. Beth from My Thoughts and Faith!!! Beth, Beth, Beth. Love ya!!! Her open hearted and Christ centered posts encourage me so very much. Congratulations, Beth!!!
4. Madi Grace!!! Madi!! *Throws hands in the air* your blog is Wonderful with a capital W! I love your NaNo and writing advice. Go check her out: you won’t regret it. Congrats, Madi!
5. Grace!!! Well, now it’s confusing. JUST KIDDING!!! If you want real, absolute truths from the Bible, Grace’s blog is where it’s at. Love, love, love ya Grace! Congratulations!
Well, it has been a very eventful post. *dabs sweat off brow with silk tissue* once again, CONGRATULATIONS NOMINEES!!! I love each of you and your blogs dearly and am proud to present to you the 2017 Liebster Award! Not sure what it is? Just click here for the official rules:
Now, for the questions from my wonderful nominee…
1. Who’s your biggest blogging inspiration?
Definitely Kristy Dorminy, which is why I’m nominating her. I always loved scrolling through her posts and keeping up with her family, and that made me want to have a blog, too!
2. What was your first ‘serious’ piece of writing about?
Um. Ummmmm. Well, I’ve written a lot of poetry and short stories, and I started a novel which was too hard for me at the time called The Abnormals. Maybe I’ll pick it up again one day!
3. Fiction or nonfiction?
Fiction all the way! I do love a good romance!
4. What’s your favorite genre to read? To write?
That’s like asking me to choose a favorite family member- I can’t. For reading, I’m torn between romance, fantasy, and classics like Jane Austen novels. *sighs with admiration*
5. Go-to writing snack/drink?
Easy. Mocha macchiato K cup or lavender black tea!
6. Have you ever participated in NaNoWriMo? Are you going to this year?
This year is my first, actually, and I am so very excited to throw aside my ‘inner editor!’
7. Pet peeve? (Writing related or not!)
My hugest all-time pet peeve is when people scratch their jeans. That sound makes chillbumps come up on my arms. No kidding, please don’t ever do it.
8. How many family members do you have?
I have 5 family members (not counting me)! 1 Sister, 2 brothers, great combination.
9. How long can you hold your breath?
*puzzled* I don’t know! Lemme go check… *comes back* 22.13 seconds exactly!
10. What are your top three favorite songs right now?
OOOOH YAY I GET TO SHARE MY MUSIC!!!!!
It’s actually a Destiny’s Child song but sung by Tim Halperin and I’ll just tell you it is 👌🏼
2. “Beautiful” by Ben Rector
Such a great song… actually I just love Ben’s music all around!
3. “DON’T BRING THAT TROUBLE” by NEEDTOBREATHE
Mmmmmmmm. Just mmmmmmm.
11. How long would you survive the apocalypse?
Hehe… about 15 minutes. I’d most likely scream and hide in a closet until the zombies find me. I’m not the bravest human being to walk the earth… at all.
Thank you, Abby!!!
Finally, it’s time for MY NOMINEE QUESTIONS!!! Please answer them in your Liebster post.
- What is one of your guilty pleasures?
- If you were just shipwrecked on a desert island, what would you do first?
- What is your dream vacation?
- Describe in detail your favorite food.
- Favorite book series?
- Ebook or print?
- Cursive or print handwriting??
- Have you ever thought about going skydiving (or have you been)? If so, why?
- What is your favorite holiday? Why?
- Name one fictional character you have fallen in love with (this can be from a movie or a book)
- If you had a unicorn, what would you name it?
Thank you all so very much!!!!! Congratulations again to all the nominees, and I hope to see your posts soon! Be sure to check out The Global Aussie! ❤️
Until next time…